Collaborative Efforts Result in Win-Win Situation
We just completed a collaborative project with the seven counties that make up the Greater Portland Oregon Metropolitan Area and local real estate industry experts. Since April 29 we have worked together on a list of government agency contacts who have important information that is used routinely by:
- Asset managers
- Business owners
- Corporate tax managers
- Insurance companies
- Potential homebuyers
- Real and personal property Appraisers
- Real estate brokers and agents
- Real estate investors
- Tax agents and representatives
- Title insurance companies
A draft list was prepared early this year that followed the same theme used for a contact list for local government agencies in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area. The DC contact list was so popular with real estate professionals that we hope to repeat that success in Portland.
The draft list was then sent to all the affected local government agencies and departments, and they were asked for changes, comments, and general feedback during a 10 working day period. After the agencies had a chance to collaborate, the draft contact list was distributed via social media to thousands of real estate professionals.
People in local government agencies and departments who are the curators of the following categories of real estate information for the Greater Portland Metropolitan Area are featured:
- Maps and/or Geographic Information System (GIS) data
- Personal property assessment information (assessed values, appeal procedures, and compliance information)
- Real estate assessment information (assessed values, appeal procedures, compliance information, and property specific data characteristics)
- Recordation information
- Tax billing information and property tax payment look up
The completed contact list is now available. We are sure that this free publication will be a help to homebuyers, real estate professionals, and local governments who don't always have the staff to answer questions from callers. The contact list is available by clicking here or by e-mailing me at email@example.com and including Portland OR MSA Guide in the subject line.